Rust in Silence


This edition of “Rust in Silence” features a rarity among enthusiast cars: my grandmother’s 1973 Mercury Capri. When her oldest son, Charlie, died of skin cancer in 1981, my late grandfather flew out to California to bring back his body, both his cars (one of which I have now) and the rest of his things. My grandparents each took one car and proceeded to drive them. My grandmother never took care of the Capri, which is apparent when you see how far it has deteriorated. Wrecked, rotted, rusted through, interior torn to shreds, and for the last fifteen years it has been her ghetto storage unit. The engine turns over, yet the transmission has literally rusted off. The Capri has become a worthless, rusty turd. I’m sorry to say that two weeks ago it was towed to the local scrapyard to be crushed. Very few cars ever come into her possession and come out alive, this one never had a chance. Sorry potential buyers, it’s too late.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий